The Cleveland Hotel

The Cleveland Hotel

23/11/2014

club review by Jack McCully

Welcome to the Friday review. As I sat in the bar having a quiet pint and looking forward to hearing Bo Weavil again I was surprised to see Des Basterfield come in. I wondered if perhaps the booked guests couldn`t make it and Des had been asked to stand in at short notice. A few minutes later Roydan Styles turned up. I then wondered if a special night had been planned and I hadn`t heard about it. That idea was half right. It was a special night but it hadn`t been planned. It just happened.

Ian started the ball rolling with a couple of songs including Mon like thee. Then Des followed by Roydan made their very welcome contributions to the evening`s entertainment. Bo Weavil as usual lived up to all our expectations to end the first half.


The second half started with me doing a parody of Ian`s first song and then we moved on to the good stuff. We heard Des and Roydan again before Bo Weavil rounded off a very enjoyable evening. Congratulations to all who were lucky enough to be there and commiserations to those who missed it.
See you all next club night. Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment