The Cleveland Hotel

The Cleveland Hotel

24/04/2014

club review

In the words of Ian 'Sproggy' Sproson:

It has been said many times how warm and friendly our folk club is and last night it shone out with the people gathered chatting and tuning before they had removed their coats. This set the tone for the evening with Steve, Stuart and others warming us up with great songs and tunes. I had a bash and as ever felt the warmth of the audience shine back at me. I can assure any nervous musician singer poet, or writer they have the best place ever to try something new. Peter Ryder is not only a superb musician/artist in his own right his kindness and warmth would melt the hardest of stone hearted audiences. He appreciated everyone even me when I was singing one of the choruses, with a flash of kindness saying 'I'm glad you came'. Yes I was glad and I've no doubt that everyone there was glad as well. Also we were thrilled by a song from his good lady who came forward and took centre stage in her own right. Lorna rose to the occasion with easter eggs and even some special chocci treats for our mascot Corky, who is lying flat out recovering as I write this. Here's to the next singers night in 2 weeks time see you all then. Corky's dad.

I couldn't have put it better myself thanks Sproggy. luv Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment